Concepts to Cards
Cards to Code
Code to Value
EXECUTION Creativity and productivity are maximised when actions are prioritised, agile and disciplined. 1. Prioritise - Every action has an opportunity cost so be effective not ineffective, have a bias to act. Now. The strategy should be in the tactics. 2. Optimize Agility – Embrace uncertainty. Track results, detach and re-evaluate effectiveness, reprioritise and decisevely adapt. 3. "Discipline = Freedom"* - Agile is a response to uncertainty. Without discipline the uncertaintly will overwhelm. With discipline creativity and productivity will thrive in the face of uncertainty. Ignore this at your peril.
Maximise Productivity – Prioritise and Execute
Maximise Learning and Creativity – Continuous Delivery
Continuously Review and Improve
Optimize Design – Chase Value and Minimize Waste
Mitigate High Impact Risks
Does the method, strategy and tactics apply the following principles? – Tactical method and project strategy ensures priorities are set and reviewed so as to maximise results.
An action has a cost and return. There will be lots of potential actions. Actions can be intertwined.
This is the checklist for commencing and reviewing execution.
Here. Now. Embrace uncertainty.
- Action – Prioritize and execute now, be effective not ineffective.
- Card playing meetings set priorities and focus execution.
- Objectives in mind at all time.
- The physical card keeps the focus.
- Each action is either effective or ineffective in achieving the objectives.
- Reassess – Detach, re-evaluate effectiveness, reprioritise and adapt.
- Each two weeks in the card playing section, when the new cards are selected, things are being repriorities, value is being chased.
- In the retrospective the method is continually being reassessed.
- If the communication focus is properly maintained then any individual who is stuck should be able to step back and get a fresh pair of eyes on their work from a colleague.
- “DISCIPLINE = FREEDOM” (Mantra from Extreme Ownership)
- If you don’t stick to the top priority you will have a sub-optimal outcome.
- If you don’t stick to the method you will have a sub-optimal outcome.
- If you are disciplined you will thrive.